Saturday, June 19, 2010

Apparently there's a Royal Wedding today

I have just heard that there is a Royal Wedding today. It had completely escaped my attention and I've seen nothing about it in the media. I suppose the saturation of World Cup coverage has some benefits.

Perhaps the reason why it's gone unnoticed is because the bride is Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden. (The groom is Daniel Westling.) She may be the future Queen Victoria but she barely registers on the radar here. Perhaps that's why the most senior British Royal attending is not the Queen, not Prince Charles, not Prince William etc... but the Earl of Wessex. No further comment is necessary.

There was once a time when even the British media would have been swarming all over the wedding, telling us how important it is and having a dry run for an expected British wedding (with big hints of "Come on William!"). But not any more.

Excuse me while I return to my state of apathy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...