Saturday, June 30, 2007

Put that light out!

The ban on smoking in public in England is about to come in force soon. And I can't wait for it.

Many people have argued that they have the "right" to smoke, but I haven't seen them ever respect and enforce the equal "right" for others to not have to consume smoke. I've lost count of the number of times I've had smoke in my face and not been able to do anything about it. In crowds, queues, at bars... it is impossible to avoid the smoke. Where are the libertarians there?

Voluntary bans have proved unworkable. A nationwide ban can only be for everyone's benefit. And if people want to smoke they can do so where they will not harm others.

1 comment:

Paul Burgin said...

Hear hear. Couldn't have put it better myself

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...