Thursday, July 07, 2005

London's crisis

In case you haven't seen the news, multiple blasts have paralysed London. Sitting here in Forest Gate it's difficult to know what to say, with all my information coming from the media. However it's getting increasingly scarey and some Arab experts have finger Al-Quaeda as responsible.

On September 11 2001 I seem to have been one of the few who wasn't aware of what was going on for several hours - I was working in a shop and only first heard about the events some five hours later as I was walking home. Now instead I'm sitting watching all this on the television and seeing places I often go through - Liverpool Street station, Aldgate, Bloomsbury - all engulfed by the explosions and this is truly scarey. It always is when it's somewhere you know well.

The mobile phone network is very patchey and I'm unable to reach some friends in London. The reports on the three twenty-four hour news channels have been at some variance. MSN has been a relief, allowing me to converse and share information with several others.

I'll post again later if anything major happens.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...