Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time to celebrate

This is my 1000th blog post. And what a time to be making it!
This evening I went for dinner with grandmother, my cousin and her husband so other than a quick glance at the telly and the mobile I missed most of the drama of this evening. It's only slowly sinking in that once again we have a Conservative led government. Now both these men are Conservative Prime Ministers:
(There were nearly some interesting similarities between Harper and Cameron had a "rainbow coalition" been constructed. But we have been spared that.)

We have a Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition, which I've already argued is the best available option for the country. We'll soon see the full make-up of the coalition but the one thing I strongly hope is that any future ministerial reshuffle will not be dictated purely by strict numbers between parties. Such an approach conflicts with the most suitable available person being appointed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...