Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Aren't university marketing departments fantastic? 2

My attitude to university marketing departments goes through various cycles - see my previous post Aren't university marketing departments fantastic?. Currently I'm feeling rather critical after learning that my alma mater the University of Kent is to change its logo to this:

The only good thing I can say is that at least they didn't arbitarily retitle it to "Kent University".

Thanks to Marksed - an education officer and his blog for tipping me off (see the post New Kent logo exclusive).

2 comments:

Stephen said...

UOK does not have the same ring as the old UKC...

Tim Roll-Pickering said...

True but that change was made nearly four years ago. "Kent" seems to be the short form in vogue (and is now the URL).

One of the names originally considered was the "University of Canterbury in Kent". What the UCK were they thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...